Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mustard Glazed Whitefish


I was looking for a simple fish recipe to make when I was visiting my parents. I came across this Indonesian fish recipe and thought it sounded like a nice alternative to my usual panko crusted variation. Though I did not find the flavor of this fish to be Indonesian at all, the mustard glaze make a nice, simple marinade. This recipe is simple and come together quickly, making it a great weekday meal option.


Adapted from Ina Garten

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil or peanut oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, from about 2 lemons
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup minced ginger
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 pounds whitefish

In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, oil, lemon zest and juice, ginger, garlic, and mustard. Pour the marinade into a large, flat dish and place the fish in the dish. Spoon the sauce over the fish to it is generously coated. Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Preheat your oven to 350ºF/175ºC. Cover the fish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes, until the fish is just cooked. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment