Saturday, September 14, 2013

Grilled Corn with Herb Butter


I was looking for a way to make corn-on-the-cob a more exciting side dish. I love fresh sweet corn, and generally just salt and/or butter it. I was looking around for an herb butter recipe to spice up my usual salt and butter combo when I came across this recipe from Land O Lakes. It's very easy and adds a nice, subtle flavor to your corn.


I ended up adding more herb butter on top of my grilled corn since I was a big fan. You could probably switch the thyme for another herb if you prefer, but I wouldn't omit the garlic. I sliced the leftover corn off the cob and had a sort of corn salad the next day, which was very tasty (with a dab of extra herb butter of course).


Adapted from Land O Lakes

6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic, minced
4 ears of corn, husks removed

In a bowl, mix together the butter, thyme, and garlic.

Heat your grill to medium. Spread 1 teaspoon of the butter mixture on each ear of corn. Wrap each individually in foil.

Grill the corn, turning occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, until done. Serve with extra herb butter if you want. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment