Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pomegranate Iced Tea


I am not the biggest fan of soft drinks, so during the summer iced tea is my ultimate thirst quenching drink. I usually just brew some green tea and mint tea and let it cool, but this variation sounded like a nice change. I really like the combination of juice with the tea and mint. It was one of those drinks that tasted better with every sip until I realized it was all finished and I was out of pomegranate juice. I didn't actually have any limes at home when I made this, but I think that a little squeeze of lime juice would be a great addition. This would be a nice iced tea to serve for guests or just to have on hand for yourself. The mint leaves add a "fancy" look to an otherwise simple drink.


Adapted from Saad Fayed
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
4 cups sweet tea (or 4 cups black tea with 2 tablespoons sugar)
10 to 15 mint leaves
lime wedges, for garnish (optional)

In the pitcher, combine the juice and tea. Gently crush the mint leaves so they release their aroma. Add to the tea and mix. Serve chilled or over ice. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment